When Should You Get Dental Treatment Done In Vietnam?
Dental tourism is not something new. Hundreds of thousands patients from the United States, Britain, Australia and New Zealand are traveling overseas for dental treatments.
Most people seeking out dental clinics abroad are doing so because the modern facilities and highly-trained dentists who are delivering their care are doing so at prices much more affordable than what they pay at home; and because these destinations provide them with exciting vacations, too.
The most common procedures among these seekers of budget-friendly beautiful smiles and the rewarding experience that comes with the savings are things that take a bit of work and which usually cost a lot in their homelands. They are heading to places where cosmetic dentistry thrives, most often for the following procedures:
- Dental Crowns – whether durable gold, or eye-pleasing porcelain, crowns fill gaps and complete smiles; in Australia they average US$1,200 per tooth, but in Vietnam you can have them done for as little as US$150 per tooth (over 85% savings).
- Dental Bridges – an artificial tooth, or teeth, used to “bridge” a gap between healthy teeth is a common procedure meant improve one’s smile, speech, and ability to chew effectively; it is also known to result in appreciable savings overseas as in Australia they can cost up to US$1,400 per unit, but in Vietnam they are available for as low as US$150 (over 90% savings).
- Dental Veneers – veneers are all about improving one’s smile, which is accomplished by placing thin porcelain layer over one’s front teeth; these instant pearly whites will run you US$1,700 in Australia, but a mere US$350 in Singapore (80% savings).
- Dental Implants – dental implants not only look better than traditional bridgework, they are better for biting and chewing and generally last a lifetime; as for the expense, in Australia they go for US$4,500, but in Vietnam you can expect to pay US$2,200 (52% savings).
- Root Canal Therapy – nobody’s idea of a good time, they are high on the list for dental tourists primarily because of the affordability; a root canal in Australia is roughly US$1,300 per tooth, whereas in Vietnam you’re looking at US$100 (92% savings).
- Smile Makeovers – the increasingly fashionable total-smile makeover is a multi-step process that includes a variety of treatments like replacing missing teeth, improving the color of teeth, repairing chipped teeth, and even reducing frown lines; it is not uncommon for the procedure to come with a price tag of US$25,000 and up in top facilities in the West, but is available at extreme savings when performed in one of the aforementioned dental tourism hotspots.
Savings, savings, savings…what to do with it?
Dental tourism is first and foremost about quality and affordability, but the savings and its compatibility with holiday activities – dental treatments very rarely require significant recovery time for patients – provide the chance to really reward one’s self. And that makes it really worth going abroad for.