All On 4 procedures
How do we perform All on 4 Dental Implants in Vietnam?
1. First Visit to Vietnam - Surgical placement of the implants and provisional bridge
a. First appointment: Comprehensive treatment plan
Detailed treatment plan is computerized using proprietary software, Nobel Clinic from Nobel BioCare.
During this appointment, you will have a CB CT scan (at our facility) so that our specialist could assess the bone quality, locate the sinus cavity, nerve canals and select the right implants of the surgery.
Impressions for both jaws will also be taken to create a study mold and to fabricate the provisional bridge.
b. Second and third appointments: During these two appointments, your mold, and your biting will be measured to ensure proper fitting of the bridge.
c. Fourth appointment: (Morning)
- Under twilight sedation, our surgeon will have your remaining teeth removed and 4 implants surgically placed for each jaw. This usually takes about 1. 5 - 2 hours each jaw.
- After that, our specialist will take impressions of each jaw again to modify the bridge to accommodate the new 4 implants on each jaw.
d. Fifth appointment (in the afternoon): once the bridges are modified to accommodate the new implants, they will be fitted on the implants and you could walk out with a completely new set of teeth.
Before and after the first stage of our actual patient who has All on 4 done on her upper jaw.
e. Sixth appointment (3 - 4 days later): this is the latest appointment for check-up before your flight back to New Zealand. During this appointment, our specialist will check again to ensure of the proper biting.
2. Second Visit to Vietnam - Placement of the permanent bridge (3 - 4 months after the first visit)
3 - 4 months after the implant surgery, the implants will integrate strongly with your jawbone and they will be ready to support heavier load i.e. the permanent porcelain bridge.
The permanent porcelain bridge is far more superior the provisional in terms of chewing ability as well as the aesthetics. No matter how your smile before the surgery was, we will be able to make your bridge beautifully with the permanent bridge.
Before and after the second stage of our actual patient who has All on 4 done on her upper and lower jaw.
What is the success rate of All-on-4 dental implants?
A recent study included 245 patients with a total of 980 immediate-function implants (four per patient) concluded that the implant-related success is 94.8 percent in five years and 94.8 percent in 10 years of follow-up (Pub Med).
Generally speaking, long-term success of dental implants depends on many factors: patient compliance, hygiene, use of night guards, overall systemic health of patient, grinding of teeth (bruxism), general wear and tear from usage of bridges, trauma, smoking, etc. Overall, the procedure has some of the highest success rates for any dental procedure.
Serenity International Dental Clinic completes about 80 All-on-4 cases a year, more than any other dental clinics in Vietnam. Over the past two years, we have no All-on-4 cases that fail.
Cost of All On 4
How much does All on 4 cost in Vietnam?
In US, UK or Australia, the cost for All on 4 dental implants can be anywhere between US $15,000 – US $25,000 per arch depending on several factors:
- What type of dental implants will be used? Nowadays, there are over 300 different dental implant brands in the market and they are NOT made differently. Read more about what is the most reliable dental implants in the world HERE.
- The experience and skills from the implantologist.
At Serenity International Dental Clinic, the cost for All on 4 Nobel BioCare dental implants for one jaw ranges from US $10,000 to US $11,000 depending on the jawbone condition. It includes:
- Extraction of the remaining teeth
- Surgical placement of the implant under Twilight Sedation (Moderate IV Sedation)
- Additional bone graft for the extracted teeth (to avoid severe bone loss after extraction)
- Provisional acrylic bridge
The same quality services Australia and United States will cost you no less than US $20,000.
All On 4 - FAQ
All on Four implants, unlike dentures, provide a fixed and non-removable tooth replacement solution for patients who have lost most, if not all of their original adult teeth. This means that they:
- Give patients permanent teeth that are cleaned and maintained like natural teeth, and not removed after meals or at nighttime.
- All on Four implants are supported entirely by the underlying jaw bone, as is the case with natural teeth, and not by the gums. This eliminates all the pain, discomfort, gum inflammation and sores typically associated with denture-wearing.
- All on Four implants do not require messy adhesives, a constant expense required of dentures.
- Do not trigger the gag reflex or impede taste ability and sensation.
- All on Four implants enable patients to bite down with a completely natural force, allowing them to enjoy a wide variety of foods.
- They also help to promote the health of the jaw bone, preventing atrophy and remodeling: a grave problem associated with denture-wearing.
All on Four implants were developed out of a need to provide denture-wearing patients who had lost a significant amount of jaw bone volume to atrophy with a comprehensive and fixed tooth replacement solution. In order to treat these patients, if they could treat these patients at all, traditional dental implants procedures required:
- Up to 12 dental implants per jaw (20 to 24 in total)
- Multiple surgeries
- Months in and out of recovery
- Bone grafting: a painful, invasive and expensive procedure used to augment and encourage the growth of new and healthy bone tissue in the jaw.
With all the surgeries necessary for oral rehabilitation, patients were looking at spending up to 18 months’ worth of surgery and recovery before they could eat, speak and smile with confidence. The associated costs were, not surprisingly, incredibly high.
All on Four implants, on the other hand:
- Only require four implants per jaw (8 in total)
- A single surgery for placement
- Typically, no bone grafting is necessary
- All on Four implants save patients an incredible amount of time and tens of thousands of dollars on medical bills!
- All on Four implants enjoy a fantastic success rate of 95% over a period of 10 years.
Implant failure is not something you should really worry about. Published research has shown that All on Four implants have an incredible success rate of 97 to 98% when placed in the upper jaw and 98.2% when placed in lower jaw. Implantologists at Serenity International Dental Clinic achieves the same success rate. On the very rare occasion that an implant fails to successfully integrate with the underlying jaw bone tissue, our team will discuss your treatment options with you in detail. In most cases, a simple adjustment of dental implant placement and angulation is all that is needed to optimize healing and performance.
The great thing about All on Four implants is that they were specifically designed to be able to offer a much broader spectrum of patient cases a workable tooth replacement solution. Even patients who have lost a fair amount of jaw bone volume are candidates for this procedure.
The ideal candidate is a current or future denture-wearer who is in good physical health and who presents with little to no jaw bone deterioration. The best way to find out whether you are a candidate for All on Four implants is to schedule an appointment with our implantologist.
Waiting six months before you receive your permanent set of teeth allows your All on Four implants the time they need to properly bond with the underlying jaw bone. Successful healing provides solutions that work much better for far longer. The first set of teeth you receive are fabricated from a much lighter material (an acrylic resin), which puts a lot less strain on your gums and on your healing All on Four implants. This bridge will allow you to eat solid foods, but you will be required to steer clear of tough, fibrous foods that cannot be cut up easily with a knife and fork.
After four months, our implantologist will make new impressions of your mouth from which a permanent set of replacement teeth will be constructed in our on-site lab. Your permanent All on Four implants-supported teeth, which are made from porcelain or acrylic mounted on a titanium frame, will be placed after six months and will enable you to eat anything and everything you want!
Obviously we would like you to be in as best physical condition as you can be! If you are concerned about your health, Dr. Emily will directly contact your health care professional to get more information about your medical condition. It may be necessary to ascertain from your doctor whether All on Four implants are in fact in your best interest.
Once we have the approval from a patient’s medical doctor, it is very rare that an illness or disease will prevent them from having new teeth placed. Having said this, there are certain conditions that need to be controlled and habits that should be ceased if you wish to benefit from All on Four implants. Dr. Emily will not treat uncontrolled diabetics and habits such as smoking, hard drinking and drug abuse will affect the success of dental implants.
Every patient presents with a unique case and therefore the procedure they go through from being toothless to having a brand new set of fixed teeth may vary. We can, however, provide a guideline for the All on Four implants procedure:
- Initial Consultation: You will be required to have one or two initial consultations with Dr. Emily. During these consultations, she will perform a thorough clinical assessment of your case, review your medical history and take molds of your teeth. She will also take X-ray and i-CAT scan images of your jaw to facilitate in the detailed planning of your All on Four implants placement surgery.
- Surgery: On the day of your All on Four implants procedure, under the effects of local anesthetic, any old failing teeth will be extracted, your dental implants placed and the temporary prosthetic dental denture attached to the abutments of these implants.
- Post-operative visits: You will be required to see our clinic twice after your surgery to ensure that your All on Four implants are healing nicely. After four months, new impressions or molds will be made of your mouth to facilitate in the custom fabrication of your permanent dental bridge. These will be placed during an appointment approximately six months after your surgery.